Bigelow LLC will only hire team members who have concluded a career in sell-side M+A for private companies is their passion. The position plays a vital role in our small, client-focused engagement teams. The ultimate hire will possess world class corporate finance skills coupled with the soft skills, such as aptitude, and empathy, to effectively work directly with EOMs. Successful Bigelows are curious, hungry, self-motivated critical thinkers who bring positive energy to our highly collaborative environment. Bigelow team members tell us there is more in-person client time in the first month with Bigelow than you will have in a year in a traditional hierarchical structured firm.
Interested candidates can submit their cover letter and resume to: [email protected]
- 3 to 5 years M&A advisory experience;
- FINRA Series 7 or 79 required;
- Undergraduate degree in Finance or Accounting; MBA preferred;
- Extraordinary oral and written communication skills;
- Exceptional analytical and research skills, with facile use of technology (e.g. MS Office, Salesforce, Capital IQ);
- Glowing personal and professional references Self-starter with Intellectual curiosity and a growth mindset;
- Passionate interest in / empathy for Entrepreneur-Owner Managers; and
- Ability to collaborate effectively across all levels of the organization.
- Lead day-to-day transaction execution under the direction of the Engagement Leader;
- Take initiative to continuously improve the tools, technology and processes used by the firm;
- Demonstrate professionalism and represent the firm at the highest standard;
- Assist with Business development and recruiting efforts; and
- Supervise, train and mentor associates.
Bigelow is the nationally known M + A Advisor exclusively dedicated to owners of high performing private companies. We partner with our Entrepreneur Owner-Manager (“EOM”) clients to reach their greatest potential personally and professionally by building and unlocking Enterprise Value.
We are an independently owned advisory boutique with a proven track record of achieving superior outcomes for our clients resulting in uncommon success both for our Firm, and its team members. Over the past several years, we have closed over $3 billion in transactions ranging in size from $30 to over $400 million. We represent clients in an intentionally broad range of industries, located throughout the United States.
Our belief: high performing EOMs are a unique species who lead their businesses and measure success differently than “corporate employees”. This makes the selection of the next owner of their highly successful businesses challenging and extremely important. Freeing EOMs and their businesses can transform their life’s work into enduring legacies. Accordingly, we have resourced our team with the best talent and skills to successfully deal exclusively with them.
Chosen candidates have a clear path to potential Partnership. We are a collaborative team of senior, experienced professionals who have complementary skills and creative strengths to best serve our EOM clients. We have deliberately located our state of the art offices in Portsmouth, NH, 50 miles north of Boston, one of Outside Magazine’s Ten Best Cities to live in. Before applying to this position, we urge you to visit our website at www.bigelowllc.com, and read or listen to our book Enterprise Value (McGraw-Hill).